Genymotion no longer includes Google Apps in virtual device image. So the new Genymotion 2.0 no longer comes with Google API’s. But you can install them manually to your virtual devices.
Download Google Apps zip file.
I have Nexus One – 4.3 – API 18 480×800 virtual device. I used the latest Universal package (20130813).
1. Start the virtual device and once it is up and running drag and drop the downloaded zip file onto the device.
2. After file transfer complete, Next you will get a file flashable dialog click ok.
3. You will continue to see the File Transfer dialog let it run. You may get errors that pop up just ignore them for now. When you get a file flashed successful dialog, click ok.
4. Errors may be something related to a Google App like Search or Play. Click Ok.
5. Restart the virtual device. You may still be getting error dialogs like the one below. just click ok and carry on.
After that update the Google apps from google play. Now you are able to use the google play services in you emulator and test google apis.
Now you can get some errors like force close apps when starting the emulator. To get around this, install ARM Translations for Genymotion VM. Check this post for that.
Incoming search terms:
- genymotion google play
- google play service zip
- Symphony w22 google play service
- google play service for symphony w16
- install google
- install google genymotion