Genymotion / AndroVM is an android emulator built on x86 and Virtualbox. So it’s performance is way better than the Android default SDK Emulator. However in their latest update they’ve removed both ARM Translation and Google Play Apps. The removal of ARM Translation causes the “INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE” errors. And also force close of some native coded android apps. So you can’t do android native development (NDK) with Genymotion emulator. For this you have to install ARM Translation.
1. Download the following Zip file ARM Translation Installer v1.1
2. Open your Genymotion VM and go to the Homescreen
3. Drag & Drop the “Genymotion-ARM-Translation.zip” onto the Genymotion VM window.
4. It should say “File transfer in progress”, once it asks you to flash it click ‘OK’
5. Reboot your VM using ADB or you can simply close the VM window. and open the Genymotion VM again.
For installing Google APIs check this post.
Incoming search terms:
- ARM Translation Installer
- arm tra
- INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE genymotion
- install genymotion arm translation adb
- Genymotion ndk
- genymotion ARM translation updates
- genymotion ARM Translation Installer